Thursday 25 February 2016

#BookReview ; Tweenache In The Time Of Hashtags by Judy Balan



#Tweenache101: First, there's PMS (it's real and it's painful and can someone please make it stop?). Second, there's #The Boy. Yes, that's right. The BOY. And third, there's a #New Dad in the picture. Actually, he's an old dad, but if Nina's never met him before, he totally counts as new, right? And worst of all, there's the #Nerd Wars. There's a new nerd in the classroom and she might be even nerdier than Nina. 
This. Can't. Be. Good.
From the author of How To Stop Your Grownup From Making Bad Decisions, here's another hilarious season in the life of #NinaThePhilosopher.


Tweenache In The Time Of Hashtags is the second book in Nina The Philosopher Series by Judy Balan. The description of the author on online forums is that she is an overthinking parent of an overthinking child. This description itself of the author intrigued me to another level for reasons even I didn't understood at that time, so I started reading the book with great enthusiasm knowing that I haven't even read the first book How to Stop Your Grownup From Making Bad Decisions from Nina The Philosopher Series.

As the name of the series suggest the protagonist of the story is Nina, a 12 year old girl who is quite mature for her age but with her innocence intact & also hilarious. The story revolves around her life which includes her single mother, her elder sister Nikki, her mom’s childhood friend Ashwin Uncle, her grandparents, her friend Akaash & BLG *short for Bright Light God*.  In this book we get to know how Nina takes a step towards being a woman which includes both physical & emotional incidents.

When I started to read this book I was very excited about it but then on back of my mind I was doubtful too, I was sceptical whether it would turn out to be a children’s book but as I started to read it I got glued to it. Nina is like a long lost friend which we all desired for. The writing style is excellent & hilarious! The only thing which I want to say at the end is get ready for a LAUGH RIOT, you shouldn't miss this one!





No comments:

Post a Comment